When The State Can Take Away Your Vehicle

Melanie's Law also gives the state the authority to effectively take your car away from you after your 3rd DUI conviction:

Registration Cancellation

If you are convicted of a 3rd DUI offense, the Registry of Motor Vehicles has the authority to cancel your registration plates for the duration of your license suspension.

Vehicle Forfeiture

If you are convicted of a 4th DUI offense, the District Attorney can ask the court to order you to forfeit your motor vehicle.

Contact Us to
Discuss Your Case

The Captcha image Reload Image